Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lucy's blog

On July 20, 2009, I lost my baby.

When you lose a child, it's a strange, painful process, unique to each family, and perhaps to each individual. There's a difference, I think, between losing your infant and losing an adult who is close to you. I can't explain it, I can't explain the hole left by Lucy's leaving, except to tell you that it's strange. It's surreal. I am going on seven days without my child and it hasn't started to make sense, perhaps it never will.

I have another blog, but I felt like it was better to put stuff about Lucy's death here, rather than there. I have two living children to consume the other blog. This one is just for Lucy.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know if it will ever make sense Michelle. Just know that the early days and months are so difficult. Getting up in the morning is a success. I lost my mom and my daughter within 5 months of each other. Losing my daughter was much more difficult. My Mom lived her life, my daughter did not. Keep writing. Sometimes I felt that it was the only thing I could do.
    D. from the FTIL site of bbc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,

    I know that you are worried about this blog not getting read, but it will. It might not have alot of followers, but you write about what you want to write about. It's a great release for those days when you feel you can't go on. Sometimes I feel like I write the same stuff over and over again, and people get bored, but YOU never get tired of talking about your angel or talking to your angel.

    Lucy is beautiful!!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that you don't know me, but I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your family during this difficult time.

    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the GO for the Feb 09 Prayer Group on BBC, and I hope you don't mind, but I posted a link to your original birth group post on there. There are lots of ladies praying for you and your family. You can come visit (or join)our group anytime you need to. {{{{HUGS}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so so sorry for your loss! I have been praying for you since I read your first blog! I am from the BBC Power of Prayer.

    http://community.babycenter.com/post/a11913495/power_of_prayer-july_thread

    ReplyDelete